Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble, Happy Turkey day!

Kisses for Papa since he shared his frozen custard, a true Wisconsin treat Kaleigh all bundled up for traveling around in the cold weather of Wisconsin
Maeve's first snowman







It's the week of Thanksgiving and we are lucky enough to be able to spend it with family and friends. I am taking advantage of the last few weeks of my maternity leave and Jonny is able to work remotely so we flew up to Milwaukee on Saturday. We have been staying with Lolo and Papa, entertaining them with a rambunctious toddler and a lovable but needy baby. Maeve just adores Papa. Every time we leave and come back to the house, the first person she asks for is Papa.

I've been lucky enough to see some friends I haven't seen in quite awhile. On Sunday I saw my friends, Katie and Bridget, from my first job at Penfield Children's Center. Then on Monday, I met my roommate from grad school, Kelly, who lives in Chicago. She has two adorable little boys 19 months apart and just a little bit older than Kaleigh and Maeve. Her oldest, Jack, and Maeve had fun playing together.

We have also been over to the Fox's to visit and meet the new Fox addition, Louie. Pete and Mel are doing great and really enjoying him. Louie is just beautiful and seems like a good baby. Today we are visiting Jonny's high school friend Nikki and her husband. (she sang at our wedding).

Monday morning we woke up to snow. It is so pretty and Maeve got to make her first snowman with Lolo and Papa. Jonny and I have even found time to go running together, which is nice and not something we get to do at home.

Tonight Uncle Al, Aunt Teener, and the twins, Nadia and Tommy, come over from Minnesota. I can't wait to see the twins and Maeve play together. Last time they saw each other was over Memorial day and they were still a little young. The week is going by fast. It will be a busy and crazy Thanksgiving day with all the grandkids!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments: