Friday, August 28, 2009

The simple things

Some days I still wonder if I made the right decision to drop down to one day a week at work. This week was a week that made me so happy about my decision. We went to Frying Pan Park to visit the animals. Maeve decided for the first time to name the animals (up until now, whenever we asked "what's your baby's/teddy bear's/doggie's name?", her response was "baby/teddy bear/doggie). Today, all by herself while we were looking at the mama pig, Maeve looks up at me and said, "His name is Feet!" She thought she was hilarious. Then later, while visiting the goats, I asked her, "What's his name?" She responded "White" (even though the goat was all black except for a small patch of white). While this is not quite as creative as her cousin Madelyn's first baby doll's name "Finga", it shows her imagination is continuing to grow. So this is why I celebrate the fact that I can be home day to day to see and enjoy these simple and small changes as she grows up.

No comments: