Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kaleigh at almost 4 1/2 years old!

Kaleigh during her first playdate.  She was so excited!  She woke up talking about Charlotte from preschool coming over.  She and Charlotte had a great time and played forever in the sink with the farm animals.  Kaleigh told Charlotte she was the "bestest friend ever" and "this was the bestest playdate" and "it was her first ever playdate and she was so happy".
 My fun Kaka!  One thing I try to do to break up the day and bad moods is have dance parties.  Kaleigh is taking ballet which she loves and seems to have some good moves with hip hop too!
Kaleigh at almost 4 1/2 yo.
-loves school: she always says her high of the day is going to school and her low of the day is not going to school on the days she is didn't go.
-is my peace maker and people pleaser :  she want so much for everyone to get along and be happy.  She is flexible and almost always willing to give up a toy to make the peace.  Unfortunately, she gets upset and cries from things both Maeve and Teagan do to her. 
-she's going through the whiny stage.  Wow, it is hard to hear and I must say "I can't understand you unless you talk like a big girl" about 100 times a day.  I hope she grows out of it soon.
-she is into saying "I love you mom" about 10 times a day, makes my day every time!!!!!!!!!!
-Our big dilemma is whether or not to send her to kindergarten next year.  I can't really get anyone to say definitely send her (except grandpa).  Everyone around Worthington holds their kids back so she would be by far the youngest but she loves school and really seems ready academically.  I do think she will be emotionally exhausted at a full day school and socially shy (but not sure if that will ever change).  Plus, I really want Kaleigh and Maeve to remain close and if they are separated by two years in school, I don't think that will happen (while one year might still encourage it).  I am going through the motions to do both, enrolling in Worthington Presbyterian Preschool and Kindergarten.  I am getting her tested and waiting to see those results.  What to do!!!!

No comments: