Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Declan's one month

His one month appointment went really well.  He shared it with Maeve"s 6 yo check up.  Dr. Libby is great.  She said he looked good and didn't have any concerns.  He is eating better although still latches funny on my left and it still hurts but its much better.  We talked about getting an ultrasound for his kidney but she said to wait until the winter cold and flu season ended.  He is looking around a lot more, staying awake for longer and I swear he has smiled intentionally (socially) twice for me.  He has had a couple of nights were he did 4 hours stretches twice (fed at 1030, 230, 7 am)......how I wish that was every night.  Generally he is 3 hours, which I cant complain about.  He took his first bottle with ease and even got 24 hrs of bottles when my back started spasming.  I had to take Oxycontin and a muscle relaxer.  I was in soooo much pain.  (I got the spasms after running for the first time.  It felt fine and great to be out at the time but obviously, I am really out of shape!).  He calms the best for me and will stare forever at my face when he is awake.  He has started getting cradle cap.  He is liking his baths better but only gets one about once a week.  (things are hectic!!!).  I think I finally perfected changing his diaper and getting diaper cream on without him peeing.  (a old washcloth over his goods....good advice from Lisa, my cleaning lady).  He doesn't mind tummy time but seems to fall asleep every time, which probably isn't a good habit.  His eyes still seem to be dark blue and I hope he has blue eyes like his daddy! 

One month check up:
weight 11.2 lbs. (80% ile)
height 22 1/2 in. (80 %ile)

No comments: